Friday, September 18, 2009

Rangers Trim 20 From Roster

Long day, and a busy one at that, here at the MSG Training Facility.

In the morning, high-flying winger Marian Gaborik took part in his first scrimmage of Rangers training camp. Though he didn't go full throttle due to his sore groin, Gaborik still looked good, even scoring a goal against Henrik Lundqvist.

Perhaps equally as important as playing in the scrimmage was the fact that Gaborik then followed up by participating in an hour-long practice, and reported no issues with the groin.

"I watch the scrimmages and I watch the games, and I want to be out there," explained Gaborik, who will definitely sit out Friday's pre-season tilt in Detroit and likely Saturday's in Boston, too. "This is a new team for me, so I definitely want to get out there and get to know the guys on the ice, and just be a part of it. So today, I had fun out there."

(Continue to Jim Cerny's Rink Rap)

 
Advertise on World Sports Blogs | Join World Sports Blogs

Copyright © 2010 World Sports Blogs | WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Word Press Template