Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sunday Paper

I'm a little disappointed in the way things played out with the new and improved extra-protective batting helmet that David Wright tried out this week.

I'll admit - the things look silly. Players from the Mets and Rockies apparently called Wright The Great Gazoo, referencing the Flinstones character...I think it brings to mind Michael Dukakis. Regardless, I think they're necessary, and I don't think David Wright helped matters much by deciding to ditch the helmet after one game.


According to Wright, the change was due to comfort rather than appearance, but he took enough ridicule from all angles that I have to think he was somewhat worried about his image.

And that's the problem, because Wright is a star, and his image could have helped garner more widespread use of the product.

(Continue to 200 Miles From the Citi)
 
Advertise on World Sports Blogs | Join World Sports Blogs

Copyright © 2010 World Sports Blogs | WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Word Press Template